If there’s one thing we can be pretty certain about, is that Samsung’s flagship products will typically use the South Korean company’s AMOLED displays. After all what better way to show off your own technology, right? Interestingly enough thanks a new rumor that has surfaced, it seems that with the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5, word on the street has it that Samsung might turn to Sharp for their displays, as opposed to using their own AMOLED panels which is typically the case and more or less to be expected from them. This rumor comes from Tencent who claims that Sharp could be the one to provide Samsung with LTPS LCD displays.
So why turn to Sharp when Samsung can easily make their own display panels? Well as it turns out, Samsung is having a hard time manufacturing 2K AMOLED displays that were rumored to be part of the Galaxy S5, and also because the company is apparently trying to focus on bringing more flexible displays into the market, meaning that their efforts could be focused elsewhere. Given that Samsung has invested into Sharp, we guess Samsung could be taking advantage of their investment by getting Sharp to manufacture their displays for them. It is unclear how much of a difference Sharps’ LTPS LCD displays will compare to Samsung’s AMOLED, but we guess we will have to wait and find out, which will be at MWC 2014 if the rumors are to be believed.
Next Story: SteelSeries Unveils MFi Stratus Controller
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-17 Galaxy S5 Review