It has been a couple of months now since Google formally unveiled Android 4.4 KitKat, in fact that OS has been followed up by two incremental updates that have pushed the version number up to Android 4.4.2. Still there are quite a few OEMs out there that have yet to reveal their roadmaps for the update, LG happens to be one of those manufacturers. Rumor has it that a handful of LG smartphones are going to jump straight to Android 4.4 KitKat, with several of them skipping Android 4.2 and Android 4.3 in the process.
This has not yet been confirmed officially by LG, so the rumor should be taken with a grain of salt. The smartphones expected to skip older Android firmware versions include LG Optimus F3, Optimus F6, Optimus F7, Optimus L9 II, Optimus Vu II, Vu III, G Pro Lite and even the self-healing LG G Flex. The rumor doesn’t mention exactly when the Android 4.4 KitKat update will be released for these devices, its unlikely that all of them will receive chocolatey goodness at the very same time. Moreover, it has also been claimed that the LG Optimus 4X HD will be staying put at Android 4.1.2. Presumably the LG G Pad 8.3 tablet will also be jumping ahead to KitKat, the Google Play Edition of this tablet already comes with Android 4.4 preinstalled.
Next Story: 64-Bit Android Tablets Expected By Next Quarter
- 2014-04-22: Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21: LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21: LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile
- 2014-04-21: LG G3 Mini Headed For AT&T (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: LG G3 Mini Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2013-12-13: LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users [Update]