From what we heard back in 2013, the Sony A77’s successor had been rumored for a release in 2014. Considering that the camera had been released in 2011 and that we’re now in 2014, we guess it’s about time that Sony announce an upgrade to the A77 especially in light of the competition who has released newer and better cameras lately. Now the good news is that according to new rumors from Sony Alpha Rumors, it seems that we can look forward to the A77’s successor come June 2014. The website is reporting that their trusted source has revealed that the camera will be released in June 2014, although we’re not sure if the camera will be announced at an earlier date.
Their source has also stated that the A77’s successor will not be a camera with incremental upgrades, but will instead feature some new hardware. This also seems to be in line with Sony’s new direction in which incremental upgrades are passed on in favor of more exciting and innovative features. Unfortunately their source did not reveal any of the specs of the A77’s successor, so we guess we will just have to wait for Sony to make their official announcement, which has been speculated for April. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but check back with us at a later date for the details!
Next Story: Fujifilm Officially Teases The X-T1
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-03-28: Sony A77II Could Be Announced At The World Photography Awards Exhibition [Rumor]
- 2014-03-27: Sony A6000 For US Could Begin Shipping Next Week [Rumor]
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-25: Sony A6000 Pre-Orders Reportedly Begins Shipping In Asia And Europe