We have been hearing rumors about a possible Sony NEX-7 successor for a while now, although when exactly will the camera actually be made a reality remains to be seen. In any case according to the latest rumors from Sony Alpha Rumors, it has been suggested that Sony could be looking to announce new high-end APS-C E-mount cameras that will replace both the NEX-6 and the NEX-7, and that it is rumored to begin shipping on in April following its announcement in February. With the February date, it is possible that Sony will be announcing their new cameras at CP+, a photography-related event that will be taking place in the month of February.
Additional rumors about the possible NEX-6/NEX-7 successor includes its price. According to their tipster, the camera is said to cost around 800 Euro, which is about $1,100 when converted which seems about right for the NEX-7’s successor, although admittedly pretty expensive for such a small device. The camera is also rumored to have a faster AF system, a faster imaging processor, and improved image quality and EVF. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but hopefully additional details will be revealed come February. After all it has been a while since Sony announced the NEX-7 and we guess it’s about time that it got updated.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-10 Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-03-28 Sony A77II Could Be Announced At The World Photography Awards Exhibition [Rumor]
- 2014-03-27 Sony A6000 For US Could Begin Shipping Next Week [Rumor]
- 2014-03-26 Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-25 Sony A6000 Pre-Orders Reportedly Begins Shipping In Asia And Europe