Earlier at CES 2014, we saw a couple of new Sony handsets like the Xperia Z1s and the Xperia Z1 Compact, and while both phones were pretty interesting in their own way, neither were the company’s flagship device of 2014. Nope, that honor would be going to a certain rumored Sony “Sirius” handset which is rumored to make its debut at MWC 2014 instead, an event dedicated to mobile devices. Now according to the rumors, word has it that Sony could be launching the device as the Xperia Z2 which we guess would make sense given that the Xperia Z1 moniker has been taken, and the Z2 would signify that it is an upgrade over its predecessor.
While Sony has yet to officially confirm any of this, word on the street has it that the Sony Xperia Z2 could pack some pretty impressive hardware. This includes a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor which is pretty standard these days in high-end smartphones, a 5.2” 2,560×1,440 QHD display which would allow it to compete with the likes of Samsung’s rumored 2K display as well for the Galaxy S5, 3GB of RAM, a whopping 20.7MP camera, and a sizeable 3,700mAh battery which would trump the Galaxy S5’s rumored 2,900mAh battery. It is also expected to feature the same water and dust protection that the original Xperia Z had. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but hopefully Sony will have more information to share at MWC 2014, if not before.
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-02-24: Sony Xperia Z2 Hands-On
- 2014-02-23: Sony SmartBand SWR10 Will Be Available In March
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: XPERIA Z2 Tablet
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone