Back in 2013, we reported that Sony would be ending online support for some of their first-party PS3 games. This included Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2, and Resistance 3, MAG, SOCOM: Confrontation, and Gran Turismo 5. Well the bad news is that Sony has since announced that they will be closing four of their MMOs in March and July. The MMOs affected include Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Wizardry Online, Free Realms, and Clone Wars Adventures. Apparently there aren’t that many people left playing these games that justifies keeping the servers running, and given that some of the titles are pretty old, we guess it is understandable and it is an eventuality that all MMOs will face at the end.
It also seemed that Sony was done making child-focused games as apparently kids don’t spend enough money on games, and it is also difficult to run a kids games as kids apparently do mean stuff to each other, according to John Smedley during a Reddit AMAA. Free Realms and Clone Wars Adventures are expected to close at the end of March 2014, while Vanguard and Wizardry will close at the end of July. It was also during Smedley’s Reddit AMAA that he confirmed that EverQuest Next will arrive on the Sony PS4.
Next Story: Nintendo 3DS Sales Hit 15 Million In Japan
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)