Sony did make an announcement over its official Twitter account that they have lined up a brand new software update for the the Sony Xperia Z1 as well as the Sony Xperia Z Ultra. This particular update will not be the Android 4.4 KitKat release that many would have been looking forward to, but I guess this is where the second law of updates apply – any update is better than no update at all, right? After all, this particular update from Sony would arrive with a bunch of new features that will hopefully be able to make a positive impact and difference to the end user.
In the latest firmware, Sony claims that it will bring “display, BT music streaming, email, Wi-Fi improvements and more”. This is an update which will gradually roll out, which means that in due time, it will be able to hit just about every single Sony Xperia Z1 and Sony Xperia Z Ultra smartphone that is in the market. So far, early adopters have already confirmed that this particular update will arrive with a new entry in the display settings, that is, White Balance, which was first spotted on the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. This feature allows you to manually tweak the individual color channels in order for you to achieve the perfect color balance.
Next Story: Foxconn-Made BlackBerry With OS 10.2 Certified
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-10: Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- 2014-03-09: Android 4.4 KitKat Rolling Out To Xperia Z Ultra Owners
- 2014-01-22: WiFi-Only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Officially Announced For Japan
- 2014-01-20: Sony Sirius Compared With Xperia Z1 Side By Side
- 2013-12-16: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Rolling Out To Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra