We first heard chatter about the Sony “Sirius” smartphone on the last day of 2013. It was rumored that this device is going to be unveiled in the first half of 2014, which hinted at a possible unveiling either at CES 2014 or MWC 2014. Sony doesn’t seem to be in the mood of announcing a new flagship device at the International Consumer Electronics Show that’s well underway in Las Vegas, so that leaves out Mobile World Congress, which takes place next month. Infamous Twitter leaker @evleaks has leaked purported specifications of this next generation flagship smartphone from Sony.
The smartphone is said to tout a Qualcomm MSM8974AB SoC, a faster variant of its popular quadcore Snapdragon 800 processor. Sony’s existing flagship smartphone, the Xperia Z1, has a 5-inch Triluminos display, Sirius is expected to tout a 5.2-inch display with no word as yet on the display technology being used. Moreover, it is also claimed that this smartphone will be released in the U.S. via Verizon Wireless, which is going to make it the first Sony Android powered smartphone to be released by Big Red. @evleaks says that the Sirius smartphone is going to be launched at MWC 2014, so we’ll just have to wait and see if that happens. In the meantime, we can expect more rumors about the Sirius to come in.
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-02-24: Sony Xperia Z2 Hands-On
- 2014-02-23: Sony SmartBand SWR10 Will Be Available In March
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: XPERIA Z2 Tablet
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone