All good things come to an end, but what about a potential good thing that never really managed to get off the ground, but grounds to a screeching stop? This is what Star Wars 1313 is all about, where the trademark for Star Wars 1313 which was filed by LucasArts all the way back in 2012 is no longer going to roll out for the masses to enjoy. Rumors surrounding Star Wars 1313 pointed to it being a potential prequel to Battlefront III, but as LucasArts closed its doors in 2013, hopes for the title making a debut were dashed like pottery against rocks. In fact, to firmly place the nail into the coffin of this particular idea, Disney has revealed that they will no longer renew the trademark for Star Wars 1313.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office did list 1313 as “Abandoned because no Statement of Use or Extension Request timely filed after Notice of Allowance was issued.” I suppose in order to soothe the pain somewhat, EA has teased a new Battlefront sequel which is tipped to roll out some time next year, but this is scant consolation for those who hoped that Star Wars 1313 would end up as the real deal. Have you put on your mourning clothes yet?
Next Story: European Spacecraft Set To Rendezvous With Comet
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-02-13: Last Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Season Arrives On Netflix This March 7
- 2014-01-19: Star Wars 1313 Trademark Abandoned By Disney
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-17: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Runs On A Free-To-Play Model
- 2013-12-03: Star Wars Starts An Instagram Account, Posts A Darth Vader Selfie