Square Enix, the publisher for Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, claims that the assets in that game for both the Xbox One as well as the Sony PS4 are similar, although I am quite sure that this is one debate which will not die down anytime soon. The publisher is adamant that both versions share similar quality textures, particles and models, and it would be interesting to see if someone else other than Square Enix would come up and agree with definitive proof, or otherwise.
Apparently, both the Xbox One and PS4 versions of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will run at native 1080p, at least at the insistence of Square Enix after speculation among gamers and the gaming community arose that the disparity in the frame rate between the two are not the only differences. New footage from the likes of IGN and Gamersyde did seem to show off rather major graphical differences between the two versions, where the Xbox One was the “loser”, so to speak, as it seemingly comes with lower quality textures and missing visual effects, depth of field included.
There are other gamers who did put forward the suggestion that the Xbox One version could very well run at a lower native resolution compared to the claimed 1080p, as footage on the Xbox One was touted to appear noticeably softer compared to the Sony PS4. Anyone wants to give an explanation?
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-09: School Girl Strikers iOS RPG From Square Enix Coming Your Way
- 2014-04-01: Square Enix Opens Teaser Site For New RPG
- 2014-03-21: Original Final Fantasy XIV's Downfall Was Due To Overly Designed Flowerpots (Amongst Other Things)
- 2014-02-24: Final Fantasy VII Remake Could Be A Possibility
- 2013-08-01: Tomb Raider Sequel Confirmed By Square Enix CEO
- 2013-03-08: Tomb Raider Played By 1 Million Players Within 48 Hours, Says Developer
- 2013-03-06: Tomb Raider's First Multiplayer Pack Hitting Xbox 360 On March 19
- 2013-03-05: Tomb Raider Now Available On Xbox 360, PS3 and PC
- 2013-02-26: Conan O'Brien's Tomb Raider Review Is All About Lara Croft's Tight Pants