Vine really took off this past year. The Twitter owned service lets users post six second videos, and there’s a loyal user base that uploads interesting clips. It did hit a hump last year when Facebook owned Instagram unveiled its Vine competitor, a feature called Video on Instagram. Vine’s stats dipped significantly but it continues to soldier on. In a major update, the folks at Vine have now introduced web profiles. Users can do just about anything through web profiles that they can do using Vine’s mobile applications, including follow users, like, comment and revine.
TV Mode is an exclusive feature that has been added to Vine on the web. Its a completely new way of watching those six second videos. In the upper right corner of the feed a TV Mode button is now displayed. Clicking on it will start the user’s entire collecting of vines in sequence and in full screen, thus offering a much more immersive experience. The team says that this is just the start, that they are working to introduce a rich and more enjoyable experience on the web. More improvements that will be gradually rolled out later this year have been promised. Vine’s 40 million strong user base is probably going to love these new features.
- 2014-04-03 Vine Direct Messaging Launched
- 2014-03-06 Vine Updates TOS, Pornographic Material Will No Longer Be Allowed
- 2014-01-10 Game Of Thrones Vines From Season 4 Trainer
- 2013-12-19 Vine Vanity URLs Launch Tomorrow
- 2013-08-25 AWS Server Issues Affect Instagram, Vine, Airbnb And IFTTT
- 2013-08-08 YouTube Co-Founder Launches Vine, Instagram Video Competitor On iOS
- 2013-07-17 MTV To Announce VMA Nominees Via Vine And Instagram Video
- 2013-06-28 Number Of Vine Shares On Twitter Drop Following Instagram's Video Announcement
- 2013-06-20 Facebook Unveiling Vine Competitor Today [Report]