Microsoft is not going to change their minds concerning support for Windows XP, where such support is still on track to end 90 days from now, and the date in question would be April 8th, 2014. Apart from that, the software giant has also confirmed quietly what had been making its way across the grapevine, that Microsoft will also stop offering Microsoft Security Essentials for the Windows XP operating system after April 8th as well.
This bit of news arrived through a new revision of Microsoft’s Windows XP end-of-support web page which sported that little bit of detail. To be more specific, it read, ”Microsoft will also stop providing Microsoft Security Essentials for download on Windows XP on this date.” I guess that’s that, and all good things must always come to an end. Still, if you want to continue using Windows XP, it always pays to be careful, and Microsoft has recommended a bunch of best practices to follow in order to protect your PC from any unwanted intrusion, including running an up-to-date antivirus, applying security updates regularly for the remaining software installed, as well as using modern software that will feature advanced security technologies, followed by the support of regular security updates. We have been warned, that’s for sure. Would this make you ditch Windows XP and upgrade to a newer version of Windows?
Next Story: France Fines Google 150,000 Euros
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-14: 21% Of Windows XP Users Weren't Aware Of Support Cutoff [Survey]
- 2011-04-22: Microsoft counting down the days until Windows XP dies
- 2010-03-09: New Hard Drives To Spell The End Of Windows XP?
- 2010-08-03: Windows 7 Overtakes Vista In Market Share
- 2010-08-05: Acer Aspire One D255 Netbook Dual Boots Android And Windows XP