The Xbox community has often wondered if they will be given the ability to pre-order or pre-download Xbox One digital games, and so far Microsoft has not clarified the matter. Maybe the community can find solace in the fact that the company is aware of these concerns. Replying on a reddit thread, Microsoft’s Larry Hryb a.k.a Major Nelson confirmed that the company is aware of the community’s concerns and that they have “great stuff” planned for Xbox One in 2014, and beyond that as well. He says when its possible to share more information, he will.
One reddit user asked about competitive pricing for digital downloads on the thread, the user felt that the community is being “punished” for downloading digitally. He was backed up by other users, and Major Nelson responded in the affirmative, saying that its on Microsoft’s agenda. Last month Microsoft came under heavy criticism as prices of digital Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Ryse: Son of Rome downloads were increased despite the fact that even before the prices were increased, physical copies were available at cheaper prices. While Microsoft is still far from making concrete changes that will put these concerns to rest once and for all, at least the community knows that Microsoft has heard their cries for help.
- 2014-04-17: Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-04-06: Support For Xbox One External Game Storage Coming Soon