Running out of battery on your smartphone can be a real stinker, although not such an inconvenience especially if you have a portable battery pack or a battery case for your phone. Unfortunately sometimes these battery cases can get pretty pricey meaning that you have to ask yourself if the extra battery is really worth an additional expense of $20-$90. Well the good news is that Xiaomi is hoping to take the indecision out of the equation by creating a battery pack that will apparently only cost $5 to purchase, meaning you can get one without thinking too much about it. Heck, you could probably even get a few for friends and family and all at the price of a nice meal.
The battery in question is a 5,200mAh battery that will retail for $5. Unfortunately this is only a rumor at this point in time, but considering that Xiaomi released a 10,400mAh battery back in December for only $11, a $5 battery would not be completely out of the question. For the most part most phones will not have a battery larger than 5,200mAh, meaning that you should be able to get a couple of charges with this battery pack. No word on when Xiaomi plans to release this 5,200mAh battery pack, but at $5, we’re pretty sure there are many out there who will definitely be interested in getting their hands on it.
- 2014-04-03: MIUI Express Brings A Taste Of Xiaomi To Your Android Phone
- 2014-04-02: Xiaomi Shows Off Pressy Lookalike For A Fraction Of The Price
- 2014-03-31: Xiaomi Has Sold 11 Million Smartphones So Far This Year
- 2014-03-30: Xiaomi Redmi Note Sells 100,000 Units In 34 Minutes
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note