The amount of news surrounding Bitcoin these days is just too much to ignore. After all it is related to money, and whenever money is concerned, you can bet there will be just as many people interested. For those learning about Bitcoin for the first time, it is essentially a virtual currency that is used digitally which also relies on cryptography to control its creation as well as transfer of the currency. Will Bitcoin eventually replace or provide an alternative form of currency to what we know today? That’s hard to tell but at the moment, interest in the virtual currency cannot be denied and it seems that Zynga wants to get on board with it.
In a post by Zynga in the r/bitcoin sub-reddit, the company announced that they will be testing Bitcoins as a payment option for some of its games on its website, meaning that if you play Zynga games on your phone or through Facebook, this is not applicable. The supported games include FarmVille 2, CastleVilla, ChefVille, Hidden Chronicles, Hidden Shadows, and CityVille. According to the company, “Zynga is always working to improve our customer experience by incorporating player feedback into our games. We look forward to hearing from our players about the Bitcoin test so we can continue in our efforts to provide the best possible gaming experience.”
Of course not everyone owns Bitcoins at the moment so we doubt there will be an influx of gamers looking to spend their Bitcoins on Zynga games, but it will be interesting to see the response. Who knows, perhaps Zynga’s lead will encourage other developers to start accepting Bitcoins for microtransactions in the future as well.
Next Story: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2014-04-17: Zynga Goes Back To Basics With FarmVille 2: Country Escape
- 2014-04-06: PayMaq Low Cost Bitcoin ATM Launches In Major European Markets
- 2014-04-02: Bitcoin ATM Removed After Debut
- 2014-03-28: Hex-Fury Claims To Be “Fastest BitCoin Miner”
- 2014-03-25: IRS Declares That Bitcoin Should Be Taxed Like A Property
- 2014-03-03: Zynga Takes Mobile Route With FarmVille, Words With Friends
- 2014-01-06: Zynga To Start Testing Bitcoin As A Payment Option
- 2013-09-27: Candy Crush Saga Developer Apparently Files For IPO
- 2013-07-31: Zynga Sues Makers Of "Bang With Friends" App Over Alleged Trademark Infringement