Update – As it turns out, the photos above are fakes and are actually renderings created by Martin Hajek as pointed out by Redditor, colinstalter.
The iPhone 6 is rumored for a launch later this year, so is it too early to start looking at leaked photos? Maybe, maybe not, but thanks to a post by an anonymous Twitter user, several photos have surfaced which are allegedly that of the iPhone 6. Sonny Dickson who has been instrumental in leaking photos of the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c in the past has confirmed to the folks at MacRumors that the photos originated from China and have been making their rounds for a while now.
Based on what we can see, the photos depict what appears to be an iPhone device with a larger screen with thinner bezels, both of which are pretty much what the rumors have suggested. The phone also appears to be much thinner than its predecessor and looks to have borrowed some design elements from the new iPad Air what with the slightly tapered bottom part of the phone where the speakers and Lightning connector is positioned at.
As we can see, Touch ID has also made its way onto the device, as expected. We’re no photoshop expert so we can’t tell if these images are legit or if they were created in such a way to make it look like they were snapped hastily, so try not to read too much into them for now. However even if they are proven to be a fake, it still gives us an idea of what to expect from a larger-screened iPhone 6. What do you guys think?
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-14: iPhone 6 Price Might Get A Bump [Analyst]
- 2014-04-14: Netherlands' Glow In The Dark Highway Is Now A Reality
- 2014-04-13: Possible iPhone 6 Production Tools And Schematics Spotted [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Research Shows High Interest In iPhone 6 Due To Larger Display Rumors
- 2014-04-08: More iPhone 6 Concept Renders Based On Leaked Schematics
- 2014-02-16: Japanese Apple Fan Begins Queuing For The iPhone 6
- 2014-01-22: iPhone 6 Design With 4.8 Inch Display 'Locked Down' [Analyst]