There is word going around that the new Sony Xperia Z1 Compact that hit the market earlier this year in January, with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in tow, ought to be on the receiving end of an update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat – kicking it off in April, of course. Apart from the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, it seems that the Xperia Z1 as well as the Xperia Z Ultra too, will be on the receiving end of some Android 4.4 KitKat goodness in the same month itself. Do bear in mind that this is but a rumor, so do take all that you have read with a grain of salt here.
Mobile French carrier SFR did not say the exact date as to when the more venerable Sony Xperia Z will receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update, apart from mentioning that the smartphone itself has already been on the receiving end of an Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. A March reception for Android 4.4 KitKat? That might be on the cards, but until we hear something official from the folks over at Sony Mobile themselves, we will just have to sit tight and keep our fingers crossed. Don’t you just love it when operating system updates are not spaced out too far in between?
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-01 Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-03-25 AT&T HTC One Mini To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Soon
- 2014-03-24 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Undergoes Testing
- 2014-03-19 Sony Xperia Ultra, Z1 And Z1 Compact To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Updates