A few days ago, an alleged render of the Samsung Galaxy S5 made its way online. There is no telling if the render was real or a fake, but it did offer us an insight as to what we might be able to expect from Samsung. Now thanks to a new render posted by Move Player, another render of the Samsung Galaxy S5 has popped up online, this time showing a more “complete” look and comparing it alongside the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy S4. Given that Move Player has been pretty reliable in the past when it comes to leaks and rumors, there’s always the off-chance that this could simply be a fan-made rendering rather than the real deal, so don’t get your hopes up just yet.
However assuming this is the real deal, it looks like Samsung will be making the Galaxy S5 more square-ish compared to its predecessors. Samsung had initially taken the sharp-edged design with the Galaxy S2, but with the Galaxy S3, Samsung had decided to go for a more curved look which was slowly sharpened with the Galaxy S4, and with the Galaxy S5, it seems that Samsung could be returning to its Galaxy S2 roots with the design. The rendering looks pretty sleek, we’ll have to admit, and based on what we can see, it also appears to be thinner than its predecessor, which once again is hardly a surprise. Like we said there’s no telling if this render is the real deal, but if it were, what do you guys make of the design?
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored