Apple reported a fairly strong previous fiscal quarter, witnessing record sales of many of its products. The company’s market share in the global PC and tablet market also surged to 19.5 percent, this according to a new report by a research firm called Canalys. The firm estimates Apple shipping 30.9 million Mac and iPad units combined in Q4 2013, which accounted for 19.5 percent of the global market.
Beijing based Lenovo trailed Cupertino in second place, posting a year-over-year market share increase of 25.5 percent. Lenovo overtook HP in the global market and now commands 11.8 percent of the total share. Out of the 30.9 million units that Apple shipped, Canalys estimates that 84.3 percent or 26 million units were accounted for by iPads, quite evidently aided by the launch of iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retina display. When considering Apple’s position in the global tablet market, the two new iPads helped it surge from 27.4 percent in Q4 2012 to 34.1 percent in Q4 2013. Any doubts you might have had about the post-PC revolution should be eliminated by the fact that tablets now account for more than 48.3 percent of the entire global PC market, where consumer interest grew by as much as 17.9 percent in the previous quarter alone. PC shipments were found to have decline 6.9 percent year over year, as opposed to tablets surging 65.2 percent.
Next Story: Windows 8.1 Update 1 Release Apparently Delayed
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-03-18: Mi World Portable Computing System
- 2014-03-13: Install Xbox One Controller On PC
- 2014-02-05: Apple Clinched 19.5 Percent Of Global PC And Tablet Market In Q4 2013
- 2014-01-27: R-Kaid Revelation Lets You Game In Style
- 2014-01-15: ICE xPC Is A Modular PC
- 2013-03-22: Blizzard Announces Free-To-Play Card Game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft