Apple CEO Tim Cook has said more than a couple of times that the company is working on a new crop of products. Only recently Cook said that Apple will branch into new product categories later this year, some believe that the company might finally jump on the wearable device bandwagon. Customers are certainly waiting for Apple to launch an entirely new product, something that’s not just a refreshed iteration of an existing product. A new Apple job listing hints at “new platforms” which are “as of now unannounced.” The company seeks an Instrumentation Design/NPI Engineer.
The job is described as “always moving,” with the candidate having to devote time to existing products and accessories as well. The candidate will also service as the hardware engineering test design lead. This job listing doesn’t name the new platforms that Apple is apparently working on, as far as new products go, rumors consistently point towards the iWatch. Apple’s much rumored smartwatch is yet to be unveiled, though it is believed that later this year Apple is finally going to announce it. There have also been rumors about a full fledged HDTV set, but if recent analysts predictions are to be believed, Apple has shelved those plans for at least two more years.
Next Story: HTC M8 Picture Leaks Yet Again
- 2014-04-14: iWatch Flexible OLED Display Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-09: High-End iWatch Could Cost Several Thousand Dollars [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: Apple iWatch Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- 2014-02-07: Tim Cook Hints At New Product Categories
- 2013-11-11: Apple Reportedly Delays iTV Launch Beyond 2014
- 2013-10-29: Tim Cook Confirms New Product Categories For 2014
- 2013-09-01: iWatch Might Be Apple's Much Rumored TV Set
- 2013-04-23: Apple Has Got Many Surprises In The Pipeline, Says Tim Cook