Here is some news for those of you out there who would like to enjoy a little bit of Assassin’s Creed 4 Freedom Cry DLC on the side – apparently, it will be released as a standalone title soon. In this particular DLC, it talks about Kenway’s pal Adewale, who happens to be in the right place and the right time, inciting a slave revolt in Saint Domingue. Expect this particular DLC to be separated from the regular Assassin’s Creed IV package, where it will arrive as a standalone title on the PS3, PS4 and PC.
Those who want to enjoy the PlayStation editions will be able to do so this coming February 18, while those who enjoy the PC as their main gaming platform of choice will be able to do so a week after that. All of the editions will be priced at $15, so there will be no difference at all between them, which is a $5 markup from the version which depends on the base Assassin’s Creed 4 game. As at press time, there is no news concerning this particular arrangement when it comes to the Xbox or Wii U versions.
Ubisoft executive Tony Key claims that this move is a step in the right direction because the experience is unique enough to warrant it, touting, “Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry delivers key elements of an Assassin’s Creed game, including a new hero, new environments and new weapons.”
Next Story: Flappy Bird Reportedly Earns $50k A Day Via Ads
- 2014-03-30: Ubisoft Reiterates Their Commitment To Annual Assassin's Creed Releases
- 2014-03-26: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition Spotted
- 2014-03-26: Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC For Xbox One And PC Delayed
- 2014-02-05: Assassin’s Creed 4 Freedom Cry DLC Will Be A Standalone Release Soon
- 2014-02-05: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Pack Coming To PS4, PS3 And Windows PC This February 27
- 2013-12-10: Assassin's Creed 4 Receives First DLC Today
- 2013-10-08: Assassin's Creed 4 'Freedom Cry' Single Player DLC Spotted
- 2013-03-19: Assassin’s Creed 3: The Betrayal DLC Arrives