ASUS might be working on introducing its first Chrome OS notebooks and devices such as the ASUS Chromebox (which is the latter), where it has been reported that the ASUS C200 and ASUS C300 Chromebooks will most probably arrive later this year, where they carry 11.6” and 13” displays, respectively. Of course, ASUS will not be the first company in the world to venture into the world of Chromebooks, as the likes of Toshiba, Acer, Samsung, Lenovo and HP have already rolled out their respective Chromebook offerings. Being late to the party, will ASUS be able to make a significant impact among the other players?
The March-bound ASUS Chromebox will hit the US with two processor choices – you can pick from the Intel Celeron 2955U or the Intel Celeron Core i3-4010U Haswell processor. Selected markets too, will see an Intel Core i7 model being made available to boot, with the Celeron model expected to be priced at $179. These are pretty affordable price points when you think about it, and would be favorable to those living in developing countries. Will the upcoming ASUS Chromebox be a forerunner of the hardware specifications as well as pricing details for the ASUS C200 and ASUS C300? Only time will be able to tell.
Next Story: Sony Xperia G Leaked (Rumor)
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-05-06: Asus Works On 10" Transformer Book And Chromebook For 2013
- 2013-04-30: Asus And Acer Reportedly Launching New Chromebooks This Year