Samsung’s Galaxy Gear smartwatch was one of the most highly anticipated wearable devices of 2013, but it didn’t quite make a mark. There have been reports of dismal sales, which is believed to be the reason why Samsung might launch a successor within just a few months of the original Galaxy Gear hitting the market. Samsung is actually expected to unveil the Galaxy Gear 2 at Mobile World Congress 2014 later this month, so its doesn’t come as a surprise to see the AT&T Galaxy Gear price being cut, though the price cut doesn’t come without a catch.
Customers purchasing a new Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Active and/or a Galaxy Mega can now get $100 off the Galaxy Gear, those who have already purchased an eligible device in recent days can also take advantage of this promotion to get $100 off the smartwatch. While the promotion is enticing for customers who might have been avoiding the Galaxy Gear due to its high price, its possible that AT&T has launched this promotion so as to wash its hands off existing stock before Samsung’s new smartwatch hits shelves. AT&T hasn’t announced when this promotion will end, it hasn’t said if its a limited time promotion or not. So if you’ve been holding out on buying a new Samsung mobile device along with a Galaxy Gear, AT&T’s promotion may seem quite promising.
Next Story: Nexus 7 2013 16GB White Spotted On Best Buy
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-03-18: Galaxy Gear Price Drops Significantly In Canada
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-19: Multiple Galaxy Gear Models Expected At MWC 2014
- 2014-02-16: AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2014-02-10: Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Be Priced Lower Than iWatch
- 2014-02-04: Galaxy Gear Price Cut Possible
- 2014-01-27: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Be More Fashionable, Could Sport A Flexible Display