The carrier has been rolling out an over-the-air update for Samsung’s popular phablet, but its not KitKat. Users who see the notification pop up on their devices shouldn’t get their hopes up just yet, the AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat update isn’t quite there yet. It appears that AT&T has rolled out a maintenance update prior to KitKat, which doesn’t move it up, much to the dismay of countless users waiting for KitKat, from version 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Today’s update brings up baseband to N900AUCUBNB4. It brings updated versions of various Google services such as Search, Newsstand and YouTube. Google Drive improvements, FOTA enhancements and Samsung Account update are also bundled with this maintenance release.
Given the fact that AT&T has finally started to roll out Android 4.4 KitKat to its Galaxy S4 owners, it may just be a matter of time before KitKat is released for Galaxy Note 3. While test builds have been leaked in the past, users will undoubtedly be waiting for the official release to drop. No word as yet from AT&T on when exactly it intends to roll out KitKat, but it shouldn’t take long now. On the other hand, Samsung has already started rolling out KitKat for the international variant of the Galaxy Note 3.
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-03-05: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20: Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-18: Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Fixes Third Party Accessories
- 2013-11-05: Android 4.4 For Galaxy Note 3 Enters Testing Phase
- 2013-09-30: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 And Galaxy Gear Will Be Released On October 4th
- 2013-09-05: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Pre-Orders Open Up
- 2013-09-04: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Will Be Available From AT&T And Sprint As Well