Update - It turns out that the Geekbench scores was for one of BlackBerry’s canceled C-series and not the Jakarta which means that as far as the Jakarta’s specs are concerned, we still have no idea what to expect.
As some of you guys might have heard by now, BlackBerry announced last year that they would be teaming up with Foxconn for the next five years in which they will create devices aimed at emerging markets. One of these devices, called the Jakarta, is said to debut at MWC 2014. The specifications of the device remain unknown, but according to rumors, the handset will not sport a physical QWERTY keyboard which has become a signature look for BlackBerry, but will instead sport a full touchscreen display instead. Now thanks to a Geekbench report, additional hardware specifications of the BlackBerry Jakarta might have been revealed.
According to the report, the Jakarta could feature a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon Plus chipset clocked at 1.19GHz. It will also pack an Adreno 305 GPU under the hood along with 1.5GB of RAM. It also appears to run on BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 which was released not too long ago. Apart from that, additional information such as display size, resolution, camera, and onboard storage are something of a mystery. Like we said earlier, BlackBerry and Foxconn’s efforts will be aimed at emerging markets which might explain why this particular handset does not appear to be too impressive, but we suppose should be good enough to get the job done and then some. Either way hopefully we will learn more about BlackBerry’s future products at MWC 2014, so check back with us then for the details.
Next Story: Huawei Ascend D3 Rumored For MWC 2014 Launch
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Optimistic That Handset Business Will Be Profitable By 2015
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Will Be Officially Known As The BlackBerry Classic
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Claims He Was Misquoted On Handset Division Sale
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Renamed 'BlackBerry Classic'
- 2014-02-25: BlackBerry Q20 Announced With Integrated Trackpad
- 2014-02-25: BlackBerry Z3 Smartphone Announced
- 2014-02-24: BlackBerry Is Reportedly Bringing Back Trackpads
- 2014-02-19: BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2014-02-16: Alleged BlackBerry Jakarta/Z3 Render Leaked