Do you think that games released on an annual basis will end up diluting the franchise? Perhaps, but at the same time no one really likes waiting around on games to be released either. Well the good/bad news for Call of Duty fans is that it has been announced that future Call of Duty titles will be getting a 3 year dev cycle. This means that the titles will be getting more development time which hopefully means a better and less buggy game (perhaps Activision is taking a cue from the recent bout of trouble EA is facing over Battlefield 4), although hopefully this does not result in any delays for gamers, but what would you rather have? A quick release riddled with bugs? Or one that has been well thought out?
Speaking during Activision’s conference call today, the company’s CEO, Eric Hirshberg said, “This will give our designers more time to envision and innovate for each title. Simultaneously, it will give our content creators more focus on DLC and micro-DLC which, as you know, have become large and high-margin opportunities and significant engagement drivers. Finally, we’ll give our teams more time to polish, helping ensure we deliver the best possible experience to our fans each and every time.” It has also been revealed that Sledgehammer Games will be joining the likes of Infinity Ward and Treyarch who will take turns released Call of Duty titles.
Next Story: Alleged HTC M8 UI Leaked
- 2014-04-15: Snoop Dogg Featured In Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Voice Pack
- 2014-04-04: Call Of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Launch Screens Detail Predator
- 2014-03-31: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Gameplay Trailer Released
- 2014-03-26: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition Spotted
- 2014-02-20: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Will Be Free To Play On Steam This Weekend
- 2014-02-12: Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty's Visuals To Be Huge Improvement Over Ghosts
- 2013-11-11: Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- 2013-11-06: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Recycles Modern Warfare 2 Cutscene [Video]
- 2013-11-06: Call Of Duty: Ghosts PS4 Reportedly Suffers From Frame Rate Issues
- 2013-11-06: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Retail Sales Reach $1 Billion In Just One Day