Canon has a trio of new pocket friendly digital cameras for the masses, coming in the forms of the Canon PowerShot ELPH 150 IS, PowerShot ELPH 140 IS and PowerShot ELPH 135. All three of them have been touted to deliver the capability of shooting sharp, high-quality images and video without missing a beat. All of them will boast of a powerful zoom lens and image sensor that have been merged with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor, 230k dot LCDs, not to mention sporting a dedicated movie button so that you can capture 720p HD video on the go without having to switch settings on a dial, but rather, to press a single button and start recording right away.
This trio of digital cameras would be a good place to start, and if you have absolutely no idea on how to go about fiddling with manual controls on the digital camera, then the Smart AUTO mode could prove to be a worthy addition, since it will analyze the scene at-hand before picking the optimal camera setting. Want to last the entire day shooting? ECO mode might be able to help here.
The PowerShot ELPH 150 IS digital camera will arrive in blue, red, silver and black for $149.95 a pop, while the PowerShot ELPH 140 IS will come in gray and red shades at $129.99 each. Both of these will have Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). Last but not least, the PowerShot ELPH 135 will retail for $119.99 in black, silver, red and purple shades. [Press Release]
Next Story: Twitter Tests Major Profile Redesign
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2014-02-28: Canon EOS M2 Will Be Arriving To The US [Updated]
- 2014-02-11: Canon PowerShot D30 Does The Waterproof Dance
- 2014-02-11: Canon PowerShot SX700 HS Digital Camera
- 2014-02-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II Costs $799
- 2012-01-09: Canon G1X PowerShot