Samsung is known for releasing multiple variants of its flagship smartphones, there are often so many that it becomes hard to keep track of all of them. These variants come with slight changes under the hood, so developers have to fashion their ROMs around them. Its no secret that there isn’t a lot of developer support for Samsung’s Exynos powered variants, but today the folks at CyanogenMod have released a test build of the CyanogenMod 11 for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 ROM, which happens to be the international Exynos powered variant of the 2013 flagship. The ROM is based on Android 4.4 KitKat.
This certainly isn’t the first CyanogenMod ROM for a Galaxy S4 variant. The team has already released multiple ROMs for a variety of variants, though all of them are powered by Qualcomm processors. It was only earlier this week that the team revealed that it was working on this ROM due to hardware donation. Even though this build is marked as “test,” it actually is a nightly build. This means that more nightly builds are on their way before a stable build of said ROM is released. Seeing as how its not stable right now, those feeling adventurous enough to flash it on their devices should keep in mind that there are bound to be a few bugs, so its best not to use this ROM as a daily driver. The CyanogenMod 11 for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 ROM can be downloaded from here.
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-10: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-13: Sprint Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 Update Available Now
- 2013-12-08: CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 Nightly Builds Being Rolled Out