When Bungie was done making the Halo franchise for Microsoft, many were wondering what was next for the developers. Well as it turns out, Destiny was the next title that Bungie would be working on and the good news is that for gamers who loved what Bungie did with Halo, you can look forward to seeing Destiny released later this year. In fact this lines up with what we have heard back in 2013 which suggests that Destiny could see a release later this year in September. This was confirmed during Activision’s investor’s call in which the company’s president, Eric Hirschberg, revealed that the game would launch on the 9th of September 2014 and that a public beta would be released in summer ahead of the release.
Given Bungie’s reputation and what we can see in Destiny, it certainly is shaping up to be a pretty awesome game. Hirschberg was particularly optimistic about the title and believed that Bungie could be Activision’s third billion dollar franchise. “We believe the game is on track to deliver record pre-orders for a new franchise, a public beta is planned for summer and we expect to launch the game on September 9. We look forward to expanding this universe for years to come and you’ll see much more in the months ahead.” Will the game live up to Activision’s claims? We guess we will have to wait and see. So, who’s looking forward to getting their hands on the public beta of the game?
Next Story: Verizon Could Offer $100 Credit On New Lines
- 2014-02-07: Destiny Public Beta To Launch This Summer
- 2013-12-09: New Destiny Trailer Shows Off More Enemies, Guns And Vehicles
- 2013-12-09: Bungie's Destiny Pegged For September 2014 Release
- 2013-11-15: Destiny Beta Headed To PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 First
- 2013-10-02: New Destiny Gameplay Trailer Takes Us On A Trip To Earth's Moon
- 2013-10-01: Destiny Beta Taking Place In Early 2014 [Report]