Will the Samsung Galaxy S5 sport a QHD display? The rumors are certainly saying yes and a recent screenshot seems to have “confirmed” it as well. That being said, we’re sure we can look forward to Samsung officially confirming it come MWC 2014 where the South Korean tech giant will be holding their Unpacked 5 event. In the meantime it seems that one particular retailer from the Netherlands, Typhone, has listed the Samsung Galaxy S5 on its website in which the listing seems to confirm that the handset will pack a Full HD display, ultimately contradicting the previous rumors that we have heard so far.
There are times when retailers have been given the heads up ahead of an announcement so that they can prepare their launch pages and begin taking pre-orders as soon as possible, so at those times, retailers might know more than they are letting on. Then again sometimes retailers like to get a leg up on the competition by listing devices ahead of time, sort of to let customers know that they will be stocking it. In the case of Typhone, the latter might be more true and they could simply be listing those specs as placeholders based on speculation and rumor, rather than actual facts. Then again previous rumors have suggested Full HD resolution rather than QHD, but either way we’re not too far off from Samsung’s Unpacked 5 event where hopefully all will be revealed, so try not to read too much into this for now and check back with us on the 24th of February for the details!
Next Story: Sony Xperia Z2 Caught On Video (Again)
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored