So we’ve seen phones that resembles a chocolate bar, and we’ve also seen iPhone cases which have been designed to smell like chocolates, but wouldn’t it be so much cooler if the case were to be made from chocolate itself? That does sound a little weird but it’s apparently an actual thing, thanks to a collaboration between Grove, the company known for its wooden smartphone cases, and Charley Wheelock of Woodblock Chocolatete. These chocolate cases will be compatible with the iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, and the iPhone 5c although expect too much protection from them!
As expected of most iPhone cases, they will provide access to the various ports and buttons on the iPhones and according to its creators, it has been described as smooth to the touch. According to Grove’s co-founder, Ken Tomita, “This was a great opportunity for us to team up with another locally owned business and combine our crafts to create something even Wonka would be envious of. They’re not for sale, mainly because we can’t keep making them without gunking up our machines, but don’t worry, all the manufacturing waste is being recycled in our bellies.”
As Tomita states, these cases aren’t actually for sale, but they are a pretty clever idea and it might actually make for a great present to that special someone on Valentines Day, no?
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces