Mark this on your calendars, boys and girls – Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is all set to arrive on the Sony PS4 this coming April 14th. I am quite sure that there are many avid gamers out there who do have their fair share of questions concerning the beta, in addition to the PS3-to-PS4 transfer process when it comes to accounts. Those who do have questions concerning just who might be able to participate in the beta, or wonder whether one can use existing characters, will be able to find out in due time. Thankfully, all of this will be revealed eventually, and you might want to enjoy the trailer above first that sports fully recorded PS4 in-game scenes.
Basically, the beta is split into a couple of phases, with the first being from February 22nd to March 3rd, while the second phase would be from April 4th to April 7th. Japanese Standard Time will be applied for all dates, so it would be good to get your calculator and figure out the corresponding time at wherever you live. This beta will be accessible for anyone who owns a PS4, and can be downloaded directly from the PlayStation Store. After phase 1, there will be a character wipe. As for those who made their character in beta phase two, you can carry over this data to the retail version. PS3 and PC players of FFXIV can transfer character data to the PS4, too, with the transfer service scheduled to kick off on Friday, April 11th.
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-03-30: FF14's Producer Explains Why They Chose The Subscription Model
- 2014-03-21: Original Final Fantasy XIV's Downfall Was Due To Overly Designed Flowerpots (Amongst Other Things)