The Samsung Galaxy Gear does not come cheap, especially for a device that is in a relatively new market. At the same time it isn’t prohibitively expensive either, but with so many different smartwatches to choose from, perhaps Samsung could be looking at price as a differentiating factor for future Galaxy Gear devices. This is according to a new set of rumors which seems to suggest that Samsung could be feeling the pressure from the rumors that Apple could be prepping a smartwatch of their own called the iWatch and because of that, they could be thinking of lowering the price of the Galaxy Gear 2.
According to the rumors, it has been suggested that Apple could price their iWatch at $299 which is the same price of the Galaxy Gear when it was first released. It is because of that that Samsung could be thinking of dropping the price of the Galaxy Gear 2 in order to make it a more attractive alternative piece of technology to the iWatch. Price is undoubtedly a factor many take into consideration when purchasing a gadget, but features matter too, so perhaps if the Galaxy Gear 2 were to be as impressive as the iWatch, then perhaps Samsung could beat out Apple on price. Either way take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think?
Next Story: LG G Pro 2 Specs "Confirmed" In Benchmark
- 2014-04-14: iWatch Flexible OLED Display Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-09: High-End iWatch Could Cost Several Thousand Dollars [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: Apple iWatch Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-16: AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2014-02-04: Galaxy Gear Price Cut Possible
- 2014-01-27: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Be More Fashionable, Could Sport A Flexible Display