We’re sure that many Samsung Galaxy Note 3 were pleased when Samsung officially rolled out the Android 4.4 KitKat update for their phones. However we can only imagine that their happiness was quickly turned into one of annoyance as many Galaxy Note 3 owners discovered that the update had caused issues with third-party accessories. One of the examples was with third-party S View cases which when closed, no longer enabled the special screen to appear. Samsung has since acknowledged the issue and promised that a fix would be arriving and sure enough it has. According to reports, Samsung has begun rolling out a software fix that will do away with this bug.
As it stands, it seems that the update is only available in Russia and Poland at the moment and we can only assume it will be soon before it starts to make its way into other markets. For those in the US and bought their phones via carriers, chances are you might have to wait a little longer as the update might require carrier approval before being pushed out to the masses, but hopefully the update will begin making its rounds within the next few days/weeks. Apart from fixing third party accessories, the update will also correct the issue of apps not being able to write to external storage, so this is definitely an update that Galaxy Note 3 owners will want to keep an eye out for.
Next Story: HTC M8 Could Be Known As "The All New One"
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-03-05: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20: Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Wants Apple's Logo Hidden During The Olympics
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets A Swarovski Makeover
- 2014-02-03: Galaxy Note 3 Neo Price Revealed By Retailer