In just four days Samsung is going to unveil Galaxy S5 at its Unpacked 5 event in Barcelona, as part and parcel of the Mobile World Congress 2014. There is a lot of excitement and hype surrounding this device, we have all been keeping up with a constant stream of rumors since last year. Information about the Galaxy S5 camera has trickled in today, apparently as expected, it is going to have a 16 megapixel rear camera with Samsung’s ISOCELL technology, but there are going to be a few novel changes.
The revelation comes from Sammobile, which previously revealed how Samsung is going to implement fingerprint sensor in the Galaxy S5. Obviously there is no confirmation from Samsung as yet, so even though this source is generally reliable, its best to hold on to expectations until Unpacked 5. Dedicated camera shutter keys on mobile devices might be a thing of the past, but it seems like the company’s bringing them back. It is claimed that Galaxy S5 is going to have an “invisible” shutter button which the company will call “Side Touch.” Apparently its similar to the back and menu keys, which simply require a tap rather than a push, and it will be placed on the bottom right side where one would usually find the dedicated key in the old days. There might be some limitations to the use of Side Touch though, it may not function while recording video, or in Portrait or Easy mode.
The camera app is also said to receive an update as well, with it enabling the camera to capture pictures ranging from 2.4 megapixel up to 16 megapixel. ISO levels from ISO100 to ISO800 will also reportedly be available. Camera modes such as HDR, Sound and Panorama which were introduced with Galaxy S4 are expected to be retained, along with the addition of several new modes such as 3D Tour Shot, Continuous Shot and more. A plethora of camera effects will also be baked into the app along with the ability to download even more effects. How do you feel about the possible return of a dedicated camera key, will it make things easier or is just a novelty?
Next Story: Alleged HTC M8 Press Rendering Leaked In Gray
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20: 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored