Gold is somewhat an ostentatious color when it comes to electronic gadgets. After all its too bright, gaudy, and very loud, but little did we know that Apple would such a huge success with its gold iPhone 5s. That being said, it seems that not only does HTC want to replicate that success with a gold HTC M8, but possibly Samsung as well, thanks to an alleged leaked screenshot from Vodafone’s internal systems which reveals a gold colored Samsung Galaxy S5. Along with the listing for a gold Galaxy S5, the listing also reveals and thus “confirms” the gold HTC M8, as well as the gold iPhone 5s.
So what does this mean for customers? Does it mean that we can look forward to a gold Galaxy S5 right off the bat? In the past we have seen how companies such as Samsung has slowly allowed different color variants of its phones to be released, perhaps every few months or so. However with Vodafone listing the gold model so early, perhaps Samsung might be deploying a different strategy this time. Will HTC and Samsung be able to replicate Apple’s success with the gold iPhone? After all the phone was a hit in China where gold is culturally and symbolically looked upon in a good way, and while gold is naturally a sign of wealth, perhaps its importance will vary from market to market. Would you like a gold Samsung Galaxy S5?
- 2014-04-13: Plastic HTC One M8 Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Camera To Be Accompanied By 'Invisible' Shutter Button