With each passing day more and more information has started trickling in about Samsung’s next generation flagship, regardless of the fact that all of it comes in from unofficial sources. In just four days the Galaxy S5 is going to be unveiled at the company’s Unpacked 5 event, which takes place on February 24th as part of one of the industry’s largest events, Mobile World Congress 2014. The latest rumor claims that this smartphone will have a dedicated “Kids Mode,” which will essentially lock certain features, so when the device is in kids’ hands, they don’t wreak havoc on your life.
This feature will actually be quite similar to Kids Corner on Windows Phone. Basically the way its said to work is that users will first set a PIN that will lock certain apps and even limit the numbers that can be dialled. A standalone Kids Store may also be onboard the device, one where apps can be purchased, though paid apps will require users to enter the PIN. The model will also reportedly have strict parental controls, and a user interface that’s flat and quite colorful. This mode will certainly be a blessing for users with small children, given how easy it is to accidentally dial someone with a big touchscreen smartphone, Kids Mode will ensure that you don’t have to face any awkward scenarios at work. No comment from Samsung on this rumor.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Plastic HTC One M8 Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Camera To Be Accompanied By 'Invisible' Shutter Button