It is almost a given that Samsung will announce the Galaxy S5 at MWC 2014 at their Unpacked 5 event, although in the past Samsung has chosen to announce their handsets separate of MWC 2014, perhaps in a bid to be more exclusive. That being said, assuming that the announcement will indeed take place on the 24th of February, when might we be able to expect to get our hands on the device? Well according to reports out of Korea, it has been suggested that the Samsung Galaxy S5 might only be available for purchase towards the end of March which contradicts O2 Germany’s end-February prediction.
Why so late from its announcement? Well apparently there could be an issue regarding waterproofing, and the reports also claim that Samsung has yet to place their orders for the handset’s components. This means that assuming that Samsung does place their orders in the near future, chances are it will probably be only available for shipping towards the end of March. Either way we’re sure Samsung is eager to get the handset into the hands on waiting fans as soon as possible, so perhaps we will learn more about the Galaxy S5’s release at MWC 2014, so be sure to check back with us then for the details.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored