Even though Samsung is slated to formally unveil Galaxy S5 in just a couple of days, there still is no word on when this hotly anticipated smartphone is actually going to hit the market. The announcement will be made at the company’s Unpacked 5 event, which has been scheduled for February 24th, the first day of Mobile World Congress 2014, one of the year’s biggest industry related events. A new rumor suggests that the Galaxy S5 release could take place within three weeks of the announcement, presumably around mid-March.
It is not known at this point in time how many markets will be covered in the initial launch, but we can expect North America to be one of them, its one of Samsung’s most lucrative markets where Galaxy S5′s predecessors have done really well for themselves as well as the company. Previous rumors pegged the release towards the end of March, but if this new time frame turns out to be correct, then the launch may actually take place even before HTC launches its Galaxy S5 rival, presumably called the All New One, on March 25th. No word on the pricing as yet, but recently it was reported that due to feedback from carrier partners, its possible that Galaxy S5 might not be as pricey as its predecessors.
Next Story: LG G2 Mini To Have Three Hardware Variants
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Coming This April
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]