There has been no shortage of rumors about the Samsung Galaxy S5. The company’s 2014 flagship is expected to be unveiled at the Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona later this month. While Samsung hasn’t said anything about the Galaxy S5 specifications up till now, we’ve already formed an idea of what to expect based on the plethora of rumors that have constantly trickled in. The latest round of alleged specifications comes from a major South Korean brokerage firm, KDB Daewoo Securities.
Citing unnamed sources, the firm claims that Galaxy S5 is going to have a 2.5GHz quadcore Snapdragon process or an octacore 64-bit Exynos processor developed by Samsung itself. As we’ve already seen with the Galaxy S4, processor will vary by device model and region. The firm also claims that the 2014 flagship is going to either have a 5.2 or 5.2 inch AMOLED display with a staggering 2,560×1,440 pixel resolution, 3GB RAM, 3.2 megapixel front facing camera, 16 megapixel rear camera and a 3,200mAh battery. Said to be made available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB flavors, the Galaxy S5 will reportedly also be the first smartphone from Samsung to feature an all-metal build. KDB Daewoo Securities believes that the Galaxy S5 will be released in the first or second quarter of 2014.
- 2014-04-13: Plastic HTC One M8 Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored