The last time we heard from HTC regarding Windows Phone handsets was back in 2012 where HTC released a handful of Windows Phone devices, one of them being the HTC 8X which we managed to review. Given that the handset is about two years old now, what does that mean for HTC 8X users once Windows Phone 8.1 is released? Will HTC treat the handset the same way when Windows Phone 8 was released and Microsoft revealed that Windows Phone 7 handsets would not be eligible for the update?
Well the good news is that it looks like HTC still cares about its HTC 8X users as they have revealed that HTC is currently working on bringing the Windows Phone 8.1 update to the HTC 8X. This was revealed during HTC’s Reddit AMA where the HTC US product team replied to questions posed by the Reddit community. Of course there could always be last minute cancellations due to many reasons, but for now we guess HTC 8X owners can rest assured knowing that there is a good chance that the update will make its way onto their phones. HTC also reassured customers that they have not given up on Windows Phone just yet and are considering new products.
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-03-26: HTC One M8's Design Might Be Borrowed By Company's Next Windows Phone
- 2014-02-25: HTC Promises New Windows Phone Handsets This Year
- 2013-10-10: Nokia And HTC Rumored To Be Working On Dual SIM Windows Phones
- 2013-10-04: Microsoft Eager To Cut/Eliminate Windows Phone Licensing Fees For HTC
- 2013-09-04: HTC Still "Assessing The Situation" After Microsoft-Nokia Deal Was Announced