HTC’s much awaited successor to the popular HTC One smartphone is due to be released in the coming months. It is believed that the company might unveil this device at the Mobile World Congress later this month in Barcelona. HTC hasn’t confirmed its plans as yet, so its not entirely sure exactly when the smartphone is going to be made public. Latest word on the street is that the HTC M8 launch might not take place until late March, which rules out the possibility of seeing this device at MWC 2014.
Last year HTC had actually unveiled the HTC One prior to MWC 2013, at the event it simply showcased the smartphone. This bit about the HTC M8 launch being pegged at late March comes from a well known leaker on Twitter, which I am sure most of you have heard of by now, @evleaks. It is claimed that the smartphone will probably be launched at an event in New York City. @evleaks also claimed that the M8 looks quite similar to the M7, which was the codename for HTC One. If this is true, then what we hypothesized in our HTC M8 rumor round-up will be spot on, HTC One’s successor is going to be more of an evolutionary update rather than a revolutionary one.
Next Story: Sprint T-Mobile Merger To Be Discussed With FCC
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-26: Best of MWC 2014 @ Ubergizmo
- 2014-02-26: WhatsApp Didn't Receive A Buyout Offer From Google
- 2014-02-26: Ubuntu Phones Will Hit The Market This Fall
- 2014-02-18: HTC M8 Press Render Surfaces Once Again
- 2014-02-16: HTC M8 Leaked Image Hints At Shiny Metallic Back
- 2014-02-11: Purported HTC M8 Press Render Surfaces
- 2014-02-11: HTC M8 Picture Leaks Yet Again
- 2014-02-10: Sense 6.0 BlinkFeed Seen In Leaked Image