HTC is expected to unveil the much awaited successor to its much loved flagship smartphone, the HTC One, later this month. The HTC M8 a.k.a HTC One 2 may be showcased at the Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, but even before its official unveiling, already there are rumors about its “mini” variant. HTC jumped on this bandwagon last year, launching the HTC One Mini, which looked similar to the flagship but had mid-level specifications. HTC M8 mini will go down the same path, resembling the upcoming flagship with relatively underpowered hardware. Its unlikely that both variants will be unveiled and put on sale at the same time. In the meantime, HTC officials are still denying the M8 existence.
The rumored HTC M8 mini specifications come from the infamous Twitter leaker @evleaks who claims that this smartphone will tout a 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quadcore processor, 1GB RAM, 13 megapixel rear camera, 5 megapixel front camera, a 4.5 inch 720p HD display, 16GB onboard storage, Bluetooth 4.0, 3G/4G and microSD card slot. It will presumably come with Android 4.4.2 KitKat pre-installed with Sense 6.0 UI user interface slapped on top. Changes HTC has made to Sense 6.0 UI will only be seen when the wraps are lifted off of the M8 in a couple of weeks. No word on pricing or availability as yet, but its going to be significantly cheaper than the flagship for sure.
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-26: Best of MWC 2014 @ Ubergizmo
- 2014-02-26: WhatsApp Didn't Receive A Buyout Offer From Google
- 2014-02-26: Ubuntu Phones Will Hit The Market This Fall
- 2014-02-18: HTC M8 Press Render Surfaces Once Again
- 2014-02-16: HTC M8 Leaked Image Hints At Shiny Metallic Back
- 2014-02-11: Purported HTC M8 Press Render Surfaces
- 2014-02-11: HTC M8 Picture Leaks Yet Again
- 2014-02-10: Sense 6.0 BlinkFeed Seen In Leaked Image