HTC’s future smartphone plans are not known at this point in time, and that’s nothing unusual. OEMs often hold their cards close to their chest and don’t reveal more than what’s absolutely necessary at any given time. Right now all eyes are on HTC to launch its 2014 flagship, the M8, its HTC One successor at the Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona later this month. A new rumor gives us a hint of what’s to come after this major industry event, presumably HTC is working on a music centric smartphone that will be released in the first half of 2014.
The rumor comes from famed Twitter leaker @evleaks, who simply made this revelation through a tweet, telling us to “look for a music-centric handset from HTC this half.” Unfortunately no further details have been provided, so its unclear right now exactly what specifications this phone will tout and what its key points will be. If HTC really is working on such a device, we can expect to hear more about it in the coming months. The expected release time frame entails a possible release by summer, so there’s nothing much we can do right now except sit back and wait for more details to come in.
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-24: HTC Desire 816 Announced
- 2014-02-11: HTC M8 Picture Leaks Yet Again
- 2014-02-10: Sense 6.0 BlinkFeed Seen In Leaked Image
- 2014-02-06: Alleged HTC M8 UI Leaked