A few weeks back there were a lot of rumors about what HTC was to unveil at Mobile World Congress 2014, but not all of them have turned out to be true. Apart from launching a mid-range Android smartphone, HTC doesn’t have much to show at this industry event. Its 2014 flagship will be unveiled at a separate event on March 25th. A rumor had also claimed that the HTC smartwatch would be shown to carriers behind closed doors at MWC 2014, and while there’s no definitive word on that as yet, the company has formally confirmed its interest in making wearable devices and said that the smartwatch will be ready around the holiday season.
This comes straight from HTC Chairwoman Cher Wang, who confirmed to CNET that the company is indeed working on a smartwatch. “It’s natural for us to have wearables because we’re a design company,” Wang said, without elaborating on exactly what features the company’s first wearable device will tout. However she did say that the company’s smartwatch is going to be fashionable. HTC certainly knows how to design appealing products, look no further than the HTC One, so it will really be interesting to see just how much its smartwatch is able to drive growth for the wearable sector come this holiday season.
- 2014-04-23 A Power Suit That Lets You Pay By Swiping The Sleeve
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 LG G Watch Release Expected After Google I/O 2014
- 2014-04-23 Bloom Necklace for Misfit Shine Activity Tracker
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-02-20 HTC's Smartwatch Will Reportedly Be Shown Off To Carriers At MWC 2014