Back in 2013, Huawei unveiled the Ascend D2 which was the company’s flagship device at that time, which has us wondering if Huawei might announce its successor, the Ascend D3 this year? Perhaps at MWC 2014? Well according to the latest rumors, the answer is yes, Huawei could be set to debut the Ascend D3 at MWC 2014 which will be taking place towards the end of the month, but given that this is a rumor, you should probably try not to get your hopes up. However as we will be live at the event ourselves, do check back with us then to see if there are any Huawei-related news to be had.
So what can one expect from the Ascend D3? If the rumors are to be believed, Huawei’s 2014 flagship smartphone could pack the company’s in-house produced Kirin 920 octa-core chipset clocked at 1.8GHz, although this is not a “true” octa-core per se, but will be based on ARM’s big.LITTLE architecture that is similarly used in Samsung’s Exynos 5 series of octa-core chipsets as well. Aside from the possible octa-core processor, other rumored features of the Huawei Ascend D3 include a 5-inch Full HD display, a 16MP rear-facing camera, and a metal back. As it stands there are other Huawei devices rumored for MWC 2014, such as the Ascend P7 and Huawei’s alleged smartwatch.
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-26: Best of MWC 2014 @ Ubergizmo
- 2014-02-26: WhatsApp Didn't Receive A Buyout Offer From Google
- 2014-02-26: Ubuntu Phones Will Hit The Market This Fall
- 2014-02-23: Huawei's TalkBand Is The Company's Foray Into Wearable Tech
- 2014-02-23: Massive Huawei MediaPad X1 Smartphone Revealed
- 2014-02-23: Huawei MediaPad M1 Tablet Announced
- 2014-02-23: Huawei Ascend G6 Is Now Official
- 2014-02-23: Huawei E5786 "World's Fastest" Mobile Hotspot Announced