Its not difficult to break your smartphone or tablet. Even though these devices are able to withstand drops to a certain extent, and even though some of them are even waterproof, they’re certainly not completely invincible. Some users opt to insure their device against such unfortunate incidents, SquareTrade Europe is just one of the many insurers that provide this service. It has created a list of the “world’s most breakable gadgets,” and concludes after a series of tests that the iPad mini sits at the very top of said list.
It should be kept in mind that SquareTrade Europe didn’t conduct any scientific tests. Instead, its aim way to mimic real life situations. A few devices were first dropped from a considerable height, before being submerged in water. Scores were awarded to each device based on its performance, and the iPad mini came out on top with 7.5. It was trailed in second place by Samsung Galaxy S4 with a score of 7. iPad Air came in third with 6.5. The fourth and fifth places on the list were taken by Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5c, with 6.5 and 6 respectively. Kevin Gillan, a managing director at the insurer, said that “by putting devices through tests that replicate real life situations, we want to help people make smart choices when it comes to choosing gadgets.” Of course it may also be a subtle ploy to get people to sign up for its mobile device insurance plans, even if they’re not too convinced by the report.
Next Story: MQ-4C Triton Is The Navy's 757-Sized Drone
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2013-12-12: Apple's iPads Account For Six Spots In Japan's Top 10 Tablet List
- 2013-11-08: 24CT Gold iPad Air, iPad Mini Will Only Cost You Over $1800 To Own
- 2013-10-23: AT&T Offers iPad Air This November 1st Also
- 2013-10-22: New iPad Users Get 200MB Free Data Per Month On T-Mobile