It has been a little over a month since the Evad3rs team release their untethered Evasi0n iOS 7 jailbreak for iOS devices. Now the bad news is that if you were hoping to upgrade to iOS 7.1, you might want to hold off on doing so because according to reports, it looks like Apple is wasting no time in closing up the exploits used to jailbreak iOS 7. We guess this is to be expected, although there are times when Apple misses an exploit here and there that allows the team to continue jailbreaking the iOS platform even after updates.
Apple had reportedly closed off one critical exploit in iOS 7.1 beta 4, and now according to Evasi0n hacker, iH8sn0w, it seems that with the recent release of the latest iOS 7.1 beta 5, it closed an additional number of exploits that could have been used to make a future jailbreak. This is not to say that jailbreaking it would be impossible, but it would definitely make things a lot harder. Of course you can choose to keep your jailbreak by not updating to iOS 7.1, but given that iOS 7.1 is bringing about a host of major changes and some redesigns, chances are you might be tempted to update in order to experience these changes. There’s still no word on when iOS 7.1 will be released to the public, so for the sake of jailbreakers out there, here’s hoping the hackers will be able to find something new between now and then.
Next Story: Musician Sequences A Song Using MS-DOS
- 2014-03-26: Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2014-03-23: iOS 7.1 Untethered Jailbreak Shown Off On Video
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-10: Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Not Possible
- 2014-02-05: iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Closes More Jailbreak Exploits
- 2013-12-31: iFile 2 For iOS 7 Released In Cydia
- 2013-12-26: Taig App Store Removed From iOS 7 Untethered Jailbreak After Piracy Concerns
- 2013-12-23: Evasi0n iOS 7 Jailbreak Faces Controversy Over Pirated Apps Store
- 2013-12-22: iOS 7 Untethered Jailbreak For Supported Devices Released
- 2013-07-01: iOS 7 Has Already Been Jailbroken