When Apple launched the iPhone 5c, many expected it to be a success due to its slightly lower price point. Unfortunately that was not the case and sales of the iPhone 5c definitely did not live up to expectations. In fact some might even call it a flop. That being said, who might be the iPhone 5c’s biggest customers? After all the device is selling, it’s just not selling as well as Apple would have liked. Well in a new study by Kantar, they have found that over in Britain, sales of the iPhone 5c are slowly catching up to that of the iPhone 5s.
The report notes that previously the iPhone 5s outsold the iPhone 5c by 3:1, but notes that in recent times, the ratio has changed to 2:1. The study also found that females tended to favor the iPhone 5c compared to the iPhone 5s. “There is a stark gender divide between 5C and 5S buyers – in Britain 74% of 5C buyers are female versus just 36% for the 5S. There are also clear differences in how each device is used. 5S users are more engaged with their device, particularly for data heavy functions such as watching mobile TV or downloading music.”
We’re not sure why the iPhone 5c is doing better with females than males, and we’re not sure if the iPhone 5c’s sales will ever catch up to that of the iPhone 5s, but in the meantime going from 3:1 to 2:1 is pretty good. What do you guys think? Is there a reason why the iPhone 5c might have more appeal to women than to men?
- 2014-03-19: Analyst Doesn't Think 8GB iPhone 5c And Relaunched iPad 4 Will Have Much Impact On Apple's March/June Quarters
- 2014-03-18: Apple Explains Why They Launched The 8GB iPhone 5c
- 2014-03-18: 8GB iPhone 5c Has Been Officially Launched In The UK
- 2014-03-17: 8GB iPhone 5c Set To Roll Out (Rumor)
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well