The iPhone 5c can hardly be called a success. In fact Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook, had admitted that sales of the iPhone 5c were lower than expected. We’re not sure why the iPhone 5c didn’t do well, perhaps it wasn’t cheap enough or perhaps it didn’t have as many features to justify its price, but if there’s one thing it did do was help drive iPhone 5s sales, at least that’s what the analysts seem to think. That being said, will there be an iPhone 6c later this year? We’re sure Apple had kicked off the iPhone 5c with hopes to continue it with every generation of iPhones they launch, right?
Well it turns out that the iPhone 5c will be dropped completely once the iPhone 6 is launched. This is according to a report from the South China Morning Post who claims that Apple will be discontinuing the iPhone 5c once the iPhone 6 is launched. The iPhone 5s on the other hand is expected to be kept around although it will be made from cheaper materials. We’re not sure what that means since using cheaper materials would essentially turn it into another device, but since nothing is confirmed for now, take it with a grain of salt. In the meantime what do you guys think? Do you think the iPhone 5c will be discontinued?
Next Story: Canon PowerShot D30 Does The Waterproof Dance
- 2014-03-19: Analyst Doesn't Think 8GB iPhone 5c And Relaunched iPad 4 Will Have Much Impact On Apple's March/June Quarters
- 2014-03-18: Apple Explains Why They Launched The 8GB iPhone 5c
- 2014-03-18: 8GB iPhone 5c Has Been Officially Launched In The UK
- 2014-03-17: 8GB iPhone 5c Set To Roll Out (Rumor)
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well